Montery

Monterey is the area of Arlington bounded by the St Johns River (west), Arlington Road (north), University Blvd. (east) and the Arlington Expressway(south). It occupies a large part of the northwest quadrant of the University Blvd/Arlington Expressway intersection, with its development likewise spawned by the ...

Read More

University Park

University Park is the home to Jacksonville’s largest park, the 120 acre Blue Cypress Park and Golf Course, Indian burial grounds, and the historic St. Isabel Plantation. Today the boundaries of the community are the St. Johns River on the west, Ft. Caroline Road on the south and a wandering St. Isabel Drive on the east and north. Large waterfront homes and smaller ranch style homes can the...

Read More

Alderman Park

The neighborhood known as Alderman Park was developed beginning in early 1955 by W. C. Whelan, who purchased the property from Carlotta Townsend Alderman. This area, located north of the Arlington Expressway and east of Tree Hill Nature Preserve, would see a building boom that spanned from the mid-50s, through the 1960s and into the early 70s, eventually result ing in the 815 mostly brick and...

Read More

Fort Caroline Club Estates

Fort Caroline Club Estates is one of Arlington’s largest subdivision neighborhoods, emanating from the intersection of Ft Caroline and Rogero Rds. northward to the St. Johns River, and to Lencyzk Drive on the south. Fort Caroline Club Estates was developed by Lonnie Wurn and the Wurn Arlington Construction Company beginning in 1958, and was a prime development in Arlington’s first years...

Read More